It's not that I have suddenly developed an affinity for the Teen-Princess-Gone-Haywire-Now-Trying-Acting Miss Spears. But I found it apt to name my post today just that since, after all, Oops, I REALLY did it again!
What did I do, you may ask? What else but the bane of woman's existence (and most notably our bank accounts!), SHOPPING!!!
I may argue that it's retail therapy since I have been feeling a little down lately and nothing much is happening (on the career front) but let's face it. Come rain or shine, women can't be drawn (or dragged!) away from shopping, be it for clothes, accessories or even (gasp!) household products. Believe me, I know girlfriends who find pleasure in shopping around for pots and pans.
The best (smartest?) kind of shopping expedition (I came, I saw and I conquered!) would be to have a list of your shopping needs. I have always been a victim of random shopping, often buying stuffs that I thought I needed at the moment but turned out to be worthless in the end. So on the agenda today was 1. scarf and 2. tights. I even budgeted $20 for it.
The city is often my "sanctuary" for my shopping expeditions as there are many bargain shops around like Valley Girl (my fav!), Supre, Temt and Cotton On. Anyway, to cut the long story short, here's what I bought today:
The material is soooo soft and the colour so eye-soothing... Pink isn't usually my fav colour but what the heck? I can be girly when I want to. Especially now that it's winter =)
Due to unforeseen circumstances (like the slow-as-snail internet connection right now), I won't be able to showcase the tights that I bought today. Stupid. Just uploading that one picture above took me 5mins. And I'm not a patient person when it comes to technology. Tights have been making a steady comeback in the fashion world today. My mum would be happy that she gets to wear her purple leggings bought in the 80's again very soon.=PSo... OOPS I DID IT AGAIN... I promised myself no more shopping after CNY but being me, I obviously can't help it (again!).
Now, do you understand why I need to earn lots of $$$?
JP Morgan, Lehman Brothers, CALL ME!