Friday, April 18, 2008

Alone

Song of the Day: Heart - Alone

"There was never yet an uninteresting life. Such a thing is an impossibility. Inside of the dullest exterior there is a drama, a comedy, and a tragedy"
Mark Twain
You've obviously never met me, Mr. Twain.
Reflections and philosophy aside, let me just breathe a heavy sigh of relief. SIGH. Thank God it's over. 2 exams back-to-back really can take the toll outta you and yours truly have suffered headache, stress, trauma (Yes!) and bitchiness in the process of these past 2 days. But all is not well just yet. Next week? Another exam and the week after next? Assignments.
Gosh. Why did I ever say I love being a student?!?!
The best part of this week was the fact that Jason Castro is still in American Idol. Phew. In a theme week of Mariah Carey, one would expect him to crash-and-burn but he came out blazing (though not entirely hot) with his usual guitar and laidback style. Next week would be Andrew Lloyd Webber theme and here's to hoping he would sing "Any Dream Will Do" and nailing it to perfection!
Another good part of the week happened just today. So, ladies and gentleman, mark your calendar: 19th July 2008. That is the day that I'll be flying back to my dearest homeland. Wahaha. After months of deliberation, I finally decided to purchase a return ticket come-what-may. Not that I'm placing too much hope of getting a job here in Oz anyway. This is such a bad time to be graduating overall (Read: recession). All the best to everyone finding a job out there.
I was thinking of the very 1st meal that I will have as soon as I land in KL and you know what came to my mind? Hokkien Mi. Yup. That noodle with starchy, black sauce. Yummy. I miss it soooo muuucchhhh. Dessert? Tau Foo Fa. As you can see, I've been planning my homecoming for some time now =)
I'm too lazy to do anything right now. Just finished the exam a few hours ago and then had pizza in the uni (pleasant meal accompanied by jazz music from a piano) and then watched a slightly disappointing movie (Killing Me Softly) and then, here I am.
I should read for my next exam on Thurs. But I can't seem to stare at the book long enough for me to even get an ounce of knowledge into my fogged brain. For the moment, I'm giving up. I shall read my novel and hope that tomorrow will be a better day.