Song of the Day: Dandy Warhols - We Used To Be Friends
Ah. Friends. Who can live without them?
Ah. Friends. Who can live with them?
Two contradicting phrases and yet true. Friends bring out the best in all of us and yet, most of the time our worst.
The reason I chose this song is because I just spent my past 24 hours marathon-ing on Veronica Mars Season 2. I LOVE this show but I found the 2nd season somewhat lacking in a few elements that made my-watching-the-1st-season one of my few highlights of Brissy life here (I know, I'm the saddest kid on the planet). My happiness aside, Veronica's sassy, sharp-tongue, witty and adorable character never fail to amaze me. Kristen Bell should have gotten an EMMY for this role!
Another reason I chose that song is because lately, I realize my friends base is severely depleting. The lyrics to that song is so totally MY LIFE. Let's just say I know a few people whom I had thought (foolishly) that we could be like BFFs (OK. Fine. Not that extreme. More like hang-out-buddies) had decided out-of-the-blue that I'm not in their We-have-plans-tonight! SMS list anymore. Well, screw that. Do I need friends like this in my life? Bingo. The answer is a big N-O.
I hate pretenders. And being ignored. The latter more severely. And so I tell myself, Why do I even try? If they don't care enough about me, why the hell should I care?
A wise man once said, "No man is an island."
But I say, "You can't depend on anyone but yourself."
And ain't that the truth.