Thursday, May 22, 2008

Glory, Glory Man United!

Song of the Day: Glory, Glory Man United!


First blood to MU. Brilliant goal from Ronaldo. I didn't even realized it went in (as Petr Cech was like rooted to the spot) until everyone went berserk.

And then, we had 3 chances to double (even triple!) the score but it was not to be (You know us, we have a flair for the dramatic. Nothing comes easy in our club). Eventually, Lampard equalised (Hah! Luck!). All is tied at 1-1.

2nd half. Extra time. All the while MU still managed to hung on despite Chelsea having several missed chances of their own. Could this be fate that MU was meant to win it?

Penalties: The bane of all fan's existence. Seriously, one could suffer from heart attack. I am ashamed to say, I wasn't able to watch it live myself. I know, I'm such a coward =(


ARGH!! Ronaldo, the evergreen penalty taker for MU missed?!?!?!? At this point, it looked like it was not to be MU's night.


But of course, John Terry did the Beckham thingy, slipped and his shot came off the post. I feel sorry for him but this seriously meant that MU was destined to win (it's like written in the stars!).



And we did! Thanks to Van der Sar saving Anelka's spotkick. Scenes of jubilation and ecstacy erupted amongst the MU players in the stadium
(and I'm sure throughout MU fans all over the world!).

Manchester United: Champions of Europe

Enough said.