Song of the Day: Jamie Cullum - Twenty Something
The week after YV: Everything has gone back to normal.
By normal I mean, attending lectures on a daily basis, scurrying to complete assignments before the due date and late night mamak sessions at Murni's (It has become a NECESSITY.)
Yeap. Back to normal.
Funnily enough, I do not feel a sense of remorse that everything was over and done with (WTTW, AP Night, YV). Instead, I feel some semblance of normalcy and mundane-ness that I am comfortable with. Maybe it's time that I get my life back on track and turned my attention to more pressing matters such as assignments, scholarships and preparations to fly. April's coming anyway.
I have been procrastinating endlessly. An hour ago, I just started on my Law assignment which is due next Monday. Mr. Gooi, my Investments lecturer assumed that I had already started on my FIN 221 assignment when he discussed it in class today. I had to shake my head vigorously just to get my point across in case he thought I was being modest or something (since the whole class was listening and nobody had started yet). The truth is, I really had not started on my assignments at all! Why is it that everybody assumes that being a top scorer, I have to conformed to such stereotypes like being a nerd, finishing all tutorials and assignments on time and studying every day? Seriously, a friend of mine enquired today whether I read 2 chapters everyday after classes as revision. I was like, "What? You're kidding me? Do I look like I've got nothing else better to do?" but of course being me, I was actually saying with indignation, "Of course not!". Then, he went on to ask how is it that I managed to get HDs everytime. I was speechless for a while but I ended up saying lamely, "It's just a fluke."
Just call me Miss Modest.
[shrugged] I don't know really. How I manage to get HDs everytime especially when I ponteng-ed so many classes in between the semesters. Call it sheer luck or plain smartness. I prefer to think it's the latter [wink].
*For the benefit of those reading (if there are any), I don't usually boast like this. It only happens like once in a blue moon especially when my brother is within hearing distance. We've got this healthy sibling rivalry to overdo each other's successes. But of course, it's always not fair since he will always have 5 years ahead of me.
I think I've digress a little. Where was I?
Oh, normalcy. Yeap. I'm back on the train slowly chugging to Brisbane. If I'm still not here, my brother would literally yanked me back on. As I mentioned in previous posts, he was growing concerned with the blase approach that I was portraying about my preparations before this week. 3 more months to fly but I have yet to do anything about it. I guess I kind of deserved it.
I really should continue on my Law assignment. Or at least, attempt to start on my Investment assignment......
Tomorrow would be the last episode of AIESEC in UM that I'll be attending. God. I just realized it with a sudden clarity (After I wrote it down in words!).
No more square dances. Roll Calls.
No more Sharon going, "Hey, Aiesec!".
No more Mamak sessions after episode.
Deep down inside, I could not feel the wave of sadness and despair that I know I should be feeling. Maybe it's because it has not truly hit me yet. Maybe because I know that it's not the end of AIESEC UM even if the episodes are. I mean, there's still the 10-hour Elections on Saturday! And, not to forget YV programs every weekend in April and May. So yeah.... It's not really THE-END yet.
I wonder if I would cry when THE-END really did come.
Looking back at past KDU experiences, I did not cry even when I was sending my friends off to Australia. So yeah, I don't think I would shed tears.
I mean, THE-END need not truly be the end right? We'll still be friends and all. Maybe not as close as before but still, friends!
FRIENDS FOREVER? AMIGOS PARA SIEMPRE?
Only time will tell.
-every end is the start of a new beginning -