Sunday, March 25, 2007

Cupids Chokehold

Song of the Day: Gym Class Heroes - Cupids Chokehold

Yesterday was a topsy-turvy day.

Wait. Scratch that. It wasn't just yesterday. But the day before and day before before.

YV had officially begun on Thursday. Being in Event & Logistics, running the carnival and concert was part and parcel of the resume. My organizer was my constant companion as I remembered running all over the place on Thursday, directing the vendors on where to set up and be the perfect host by enquiring constantly about the state of events. I am proud to say that we organized efficiently (with a few loopholes of course) but the carnival could have been better had it been more crowded. God! Where are the 30,000 odd UM students when you need them??!!?

But I had fun nonetheless. The vendors that we've found were a crazy bunch like us too, so the camaraderie between the @cers and them was entertaining. I think I will take this opportunity to thank the @cers (especially the volunteers) for making this event a memorable success. A friend just told me yesterday that he got so annoyed because I kept saying "Thanks ya!" to him. Oh well. So much for being polite and grateful.

That's pretty much Thursday and Friday. But it all leads up to the BIG event on Saturday! YV Concert! Few big names like Juwita Suwito, Karen Kong (The Friendster Gal) and other lesser known bands such as Borange, Fasy Live etc. were coming to perform. Yours truly was co-stage manager. Man. It's actually the 2nd time I've been assigned to be one. The first was during HELP's Fete De La Musique in Bukit Bintang. Hmm... I don't think I screwed up (maybe missing out little details) but it was definitely fun communicating with the others through the walkie-talkie.

"Technical, technical, do you hear me? Over."

"Please draw the curtains after this performance. Over and Out."

"Since this is the last performance, just sit back and enjoy "Hello Kitty" la." [Karen's song: Cinta Hello Kitty]

Hehe. But no, I don't wish to endure that level of stress again. I couldn't even sit down and enjoy the performances! Maybe except during the last few performers namely Karen and Juwita. They were both really good. But Juwita deserves all the accolades that she has received. On top of that, she's so down-to-earth! I can still picture her face when the @cers gave her a HOT-TO-GO. Haha. Priceless.

Anyway to sum up the month of March, it has indeed been a March Madness. It started out with Window To The World, then AP Night, then YV and coming up next: Elections!!! Not that I could be running or anything but some of my friends will and I would love to be there giving my full-fledged support BUT........

My parents are coming down. Sigh. What a coincidence. I haven't been giving my parents the attention that they deserved and I feel like such a lousy kid. I got a sounding from my brother through email the other day, and since it was in the midst of YV, I blew it back to him. I will be going out to dinner with him tonight and I could safely say that I would be expecting more admonition from him. Sigh. Brothers. You either love them or hate them.

March is drifting by pretty fast. Sooner or later, I have to face the fact that I'm leaving. Leaving everything that's becoming very dear to me. Friends whose company you enjoy, activities that you enjoy doing, and most importantly a sense of belonging. I haven't been this happy and satisfied with my life since my KDU days. I hope I won't endure another post-KDU syndrome later in Brisbane. I could really breakdown then.

But that's for another day to worry. At the moment, there's still loads to do! Assignments have been pushed aside, lectures have been unceremoniously skipped, other friends have been pushed aside and most importantly, I've neglected my dues to my family.

Back to life. And reality.