Friday, October 20, 2006

Soul Provider

Song of the day: Michael Bolton - Soul Provider

Just realized it's been a while since I last blogged. It has been a hell of a week [or so]. So where do I start?

From where I left off of course. Assignments aplenty. Really going crazy for a while there. This week itself, I had 3 assigments due. I am so thankful it's all over and done with! My life can finally get back on track. These days, it's been moving way too fast for my liking [Am blaming it on my motto: Work hard, play harder].

Highlights of the past week or so:
  1. The award ceremony held just this morning. Met a new friend, chatted with an old one and had lunch with a close friend. Oh, not to forget the amount of money I received. Joy, joy! Well, it was pretty embarassing to be up on the stage so many times. Even Ms. Priya (the one who was reading the names) was like "You again ar?". I just chuckled of course. In a way, I did not realize the extend of my achievements till everyone (including the guests of honor) were complimenting me about it. Hmm... [Note to self: This is your blog. You can brag in here] I guess, looking back at it, I do feel a sense of pride in what I've achieved last year. This year? Everyone's expecting me to repeat the same performances. I seriously have no idea if I can do it (Whatever happened to "Think positive"?)
  2. Late last night: Car breaking down, bunch of Mat Rempits haggling us, stuck in the middle of pretty-much nowhere, sleepy as hell.... to sum it up: DRAMA. I was roaring to go out and have fun since I can safely say "Good Riddance and see you next year" to my assignments. We ended up in Curve, I ended up spending RM50 to buy a pair of pumps, we ended up in Laundry (the cute manager wasn't there, how saddening), I ended up drinking a little (though I was hesitant in the 1st place) and voila, we ended up in Petronas, Sg. Penchala (not exactly where we expected the night to end up definitely). I would like to take the opportunity to thank a few guys who sacrificed their sleeping time to save our necks. The more the merrier, I'll say.
  3. Charity Bazaar! Selling sausages and getting dunked. What a combination. Oh, not to mention, singing in the rain (literally). I also got myself some pretty decent body art. Wonder what my mum would say about it though. However, I already came up with the perfect excuse, "All for the sake of charity ma!"
  4. New phone!!! Yay!!! Finally, my wish came true. I even bought the phone I've been eyeing for some time now, though it is actually a pretty old model. Old is Gold anyhow. But, it came with a price. And I don't mean the price of the phone either (my money gone!).[The subject remains a sensitive matter and shall not be discussed here]
  5. Last but not least, Friday night. It was supposed to be just movies and maybe, mamak session after that. 4am tops will be home, safe and sound in bed. However, ended up playing a few rounds of pool and going to a friend's house to play mahjong. Played till morning and ended up eating breakfast before going home to aforementioned bed. Slept for 4 hours before waking up again to welcome an intern (only to be caught in a jam and missed the whole reception thingy). All in all, tiring but fun-filled.

Wow. So much has happened in the past week or so. Has it been that long? I seriously can't keep up anymore. Luckily, the break came in an opportune time for me. I can now relax my mind a little, my exhausted brain too and not to forget, my sanity!

Living life in the fast lane and on the edge is exciting but... can I really keep up?