Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Any Dream Will Do

Song of the day: Andrew Lloyd Webber - Any Dream Will Do

I'm back in my miserable room in KL rather than my lovely home in Ipoh. Reason? I NEED to get my act together and study.

I went home for the Deepa-Raya holidays with my brother and his girlfriend. Seriously.... my brother brought home his gf which only means 1 thing: It's serious! Not that I have any objections with it. I think she's pretty down to earth and I kinda like her. I think they're well suited for each other. Maybe I'm a bit biased since she did give me the Prada purse and all. Hehe.

Nothing remarkable happened during the Ipoh stint. I ate a lot (Shit! Everyone's telling me I'm putting on weight!), slept a lot, watched the whole freaking 24 Season 5 and I visited my deceased relatives since All Souls day is around the corner. Other than that, nothing remarkable happened.

Oh... did I mentioned I watched the whole freaking 24 Season 5 in 3 days? That's like 8 episodes per day. I did it once during my May holidays. Man, how addictive it can be. It's like 1 frigging long movie with loads of subplots that you just have to go on and on and on. Though the storyline can't differ much from the other seasons, it's still interesting to watch Jack Bauer and his loyal comrades relentlessly pursuing terrorists or traitors who will bomb a densely populated location or set our nerve gas that will kill innocent lives within the next 2 hours or less. Seriously, don't these guys sit down and have lunch or go for toilet breaks? They just keep going and going and going.... especially Jack Bauer! What annoys me is that they are so DAMN smart and resourceful! With just a simple click here and there, voila, some seriously-impossible-to-get intel could be obtained. With just a couple of men and high-tech arsenal, voila, they could take down practically all the mercenaries and hostiles who equally have high-tech machine guns. Seriously, everytime Jack Bauer escapes each engagement with barely a scratch. I know that man is good but NOT that GOOD!

Anyhow, they are paving the way for a Season 6. I can foresee ahead another 24 marathon for me. Damn. I've heard through the grapevine that there will be a 24 movie out soon. Great. How could they fit 24 hours in just a mere 2 hours? Anyhow, will be looking forward to it. I think Kiefer Sutherland fits these brooding-federal-agent characters down to a pat. The role he played in 'The Sentinel' was soooo Jack Bauer. And he played it well. Can't imagine Kiefer doing anything other than these type of characters. Comedy? Nah.... or [gasps] Romance?

Later, will be going to watch 'The Prestige'. Heard from others, it's a pretty nice show. I already have my hopes up. Don't disappoint me now, Heath, Christian, Scarlett.

Great. My whole purpose for coming back to KL early was to cram knowledge into my brain. At point of writing, still no desire and discipline to do so. I am doomed. What the hell, gal?? You're supposed to be the top student again this year! Exam's in 2.5 weeks! That's hardly enough time to study thoroughly!

I just had to knock some sense into my brain. Did it worked? Not in the very least.

Think I'll go and take a nap now... It's been a tiring journey (Tiring? All you did was sleep in the car!) ....It's a lazy Sunday afternoon (Hello? It's Wednesday!).... My eyes are sore from blogging (Blame it on me, huh?).... ZZZzzzzz....

Excuses, excuses... When will I ever learn?