I just came back from JT's concert.
One word: AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MARVELOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SPECTACULAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ah!!! It was so WORTH my every penny and entire shopping allowance for the year. Haha. I never thought I could ever substitute buying bags for something else, but, JT is it. I'm so GLAD I made the right choice to go for it. Wouldn't have missed it for the world!
Anyway before I begin, there was only one sore spot from the concert: They did not allow cameras to be brought in. WHAT THE HELL?!?!?! How was I going to prove to everyone that I went to see Justin in concert live then?!?!?!
The concert began at 8pm but we were already there at the Brisbane Entertainment Centre at 6pm. Jeffrey was our driver for the day (Thanks so much, Jeff!!!) and we even rented a car just so that we could go for the concert (which on hindsight, was a fantastic idea as the concert ended at about 11.30pm and there were no public transportations operating that late). Justin, the things we do for you... Tsk tsk. Nah. Just kidding. I still LOVE you.
Anyway, so with 2 hours to kill, me and Ling Ling spent our sweet time munching chips and chatting away while the place began to fill up with lots and lots of people. Surprisingly, the crowd wasn't truly dominated by female fans only. Incredibly, there was a significant amount of male species there to watch JT too! Even more shocking, I saw a couple of grandma's out there complete with their party attire! I kid you not!
About 7.30pm, the doors to the auditorium opened and all of us swarmed in like a flock of birds. We found our seats where we discovered the view was pretty OK though it wasn't really near the stage. We took our seats, eagerly awaiting for the moment when JT will appear on stage. The auditorium slowly filled to the brink but there was still no sign of JT's cute butt. At 8pm, a lady singer (who looked like Pink) came onto the stage as the opening act. She sang a couple of songs but the crowd was not being supportive at all. C'mon, let's face it. We all came to see Justin, right? So after a couple of songs, she took her bow and left. It was 8.30pm.
Where was he?!?!?! The sense of anticipation was palpable in the air while everyone waited anxiously to see him. To will the time away, some section of the crowd started a Mexican wave which kept us amused for a couple of minutes. The time was 8.45pm. Justin was still MIA. The tension began to build.
Then, suddenly..... the lights went dim and everyone started screaming their lungs out. The music blasted out and we knew, this was it! Woohoo!!! I was up from my seat, straining to see above all the heads for a sign of him on the stage. There was a white veil that concealed the stage and through it, I could see a form slowly emerging from the ranks below. And then, the veil lifted and there was him! Justin Timberlake! In flesh and blood! Right in front of me! AAAAHHHHH!!!!!!
Needless to say, the crowd went wild (yours truly included). His first song was Future Sex/Love Sound. Then, he did an array of songs which not only included his latest album songs, but also his former Justified album for hits like Senorita, Like I Love You, Cry Me A River, Gone (NSYNC) and Rock Your Body. My favourite performances in the 1st part of his show was What Goes Around, Comes Around and Sexy Ladies. He also did My Love, complete with a solo dance performance as in the MTV. Wow, can he dance!!! If he wasn't a hugely successful and popular solo artist already, I would have suggested he joined So You Think You Can Dance. By the way, I just found out tonight that Justin not only sings, but he can also play musical instruments. Beyond cool!
About 10pm, the concert broke for an interval. By then, my throat was sore from all the screaming and seeing as Justin has a phobia for bottle caps, no bottled waters were allowed in the auditorium. Hence, no water to drink. Aiks. Me and Ling Ling spent the interval time cam-whoring away with Jeff's phone camera. Only then, we discovered that the phone could record up to 1 hour. Aiya. Why didn't we discover it earlier?!?!
Back from interval. The screaming continued. He did Summer Love, Damn Girl, Love Stoned and a couple of others before he did the one song which we had all been waiting for. He saved it till the last but it was SO worth it: Sexy Back! "I'm bringing Sexy Back ....." I was singing along whole-heartedly and shamelessly with the rest of the crowd. Wahaha.
With that, it seemed over. Justin and his crew left the stage but we knew it wasn't the END yet. The crowd demanded an encore and after leaving us waiting for a couple of minutes, Justin appeared back on stage in a casual T-shirt and jeans attire. He said some stuff that made us laugh and also how he's thankful for his job (so cliched but still...) and that he's doing it for all the fans yada yada. In short, it was more like a screaming session as every word that came out of his mouth, we would scream anyway. Haha.
Anyway, the last part of the concert was my favourite one. He sang All Over Again (my favourite song from the whole album) complete with piano accompaniment. The crowd was mesmerized and we swayed along with him to the soulful tune. I managed to get it all on video. Yay!!
So that was it, folks. The end of a wonderful and magical night with Justin Timberlake. When we came outside, it was raining cats-and-dogs. Was our singing that terrible?!?! Haha. Jeff, the sweetheart was already waiting for us at the car park from 10pm onwards. The concert finished at 11.30pm. Oh dearie. We took about 30mins to leave the place as there was a slight traffic jam caused by the massive amount of cars leaving at the same time. By the time I reached home, it was 12.30am. But what a fun-filled day it has been! I'm so grateful I had this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to witness Justin in concert and what a concert it was! AWESOME! Thanks, Justin!
Anyway, a funny little story to add. While Jeff was waiting for us, he bonded with a couple of dads who were waiting for their daughters with umbrellas.
One dad was asking the other, "Who is this guy, Justin Timberlake anyway?"
The other equally clueless dad answered gruntly, "I don't know. All I know is he damn makes more money than us poor souls waiting out here in the rain!"
Tsk tsk, Justin. Look what you've done. Haha. Hilarious!
P.S: Pics and videos from the concert will be uploaded next time.