It's a lazy Sunday afternoon. I just spent last night reading one of the best romance novels that I had come across in a while. It's called 'Small Town Girl' by Lavyrle Spencer. It's about this country superstar who has to return to her small-town and confront what she has left behind so long time ago. Naturally, it involves family and a spice of romance with the boy-next-door. I read it all within 24 hours. There's another similar novel which has become one of my all-time favourites, 'Night Swimming' by Laura Moore. I just love these kind of plots. Homecoming themes. Falling in love with the boy from yesteryears. Family values. Hmm. So romantic!
Maybe it's because V-Day is coming and all, these days I feel the urge to read lots and lots of romance novels. I've always loved reading them but for the past few months, I've been too busy to even pick up any book at all [Textbooks not included]. I can't wait for my holidays to start so that I can spend valuable time catching up on my favourite past time. Which also includes being a couch potato. Oh, the amount of TV I need to watch when I get back home!! I've been so unattuned to TV-Land recently and I miss my tube! No wonder my Dad resents the fact that whenever I come home, he would never be able to watch his golf tournaments because I'll be hogging the remote control all the time. Oh well. Sorry, Dad!
4 more days in KPMG to go. Hooray! Don't get me wrong. I do not despise working in KPMG in particular but more like the fact that I'm working at all. As a good friend of mine once said, "You're gonna spend the rest of your life working anyway, why not enjoy your life as a student now?"
So, after this experience, I am going to live up to it! I'm gonna cherish my year and half left of student life thoroughly. That means, lepaking, lepaking and more lepaking. Hehe.
I just heard some great news the other day. My chances of gaining a scholarship to University of Queensland is pretty high. Given my GPA of 6.75 out of a possible 7.00, I must admit the prospect looked kinda good too. [grin]. I'm seriously gonna go to Brisbane! Yay!
Funny thing was, I already assumed that I was going to be there already. In fact, I sorta made vacation plans with my buddies already and all. Haha. Gold Coast, people! Summer of 2007! Keep yourselves free!
I can just imagine the kind of fun we will have there. From our past experiences, I dare to say that we will be talking about it for the rest of our lives. Along with the many others we have had: Ipoh, Malacca, Penang etc.
Pics from our past trips:
In my humble 'kandang' in Ipoh. Best memory? Gua Tempurung!! [For those of you who has not been there especially those who has lived in Ipoh for the past 20 years, it's really worth the rm20 that you pay for the full experience! Mark my words!]
In EK's car, crunched up at the back in Malacca. We were on our way to eat ikan bakar in some kampung near town. Best memory? Dancing and drinking at Pure Bar!
Outside Gurney Plaza in Penang. Best memory? Watching fireworks to usher in the New Year of 2006 at Esplanade.
The trip that started the ball rolling: Pulau Kapas! So many memorable moments. Best memory? Our Mission-Impossible scene at Masjik Jamek LRT Station. Pure classic!
So anyone ready for Gold Coast yet??