It's February. Already. God, time is passing by so quickly. Before you can blink, it's going to be March. Then, April. May. June. JULY!!!
July will be the month I say goodbye to Malaysia.
[sob sob]
I know. I know. I should be excited. In fact, I am! But deep down inside, there's this emotion swimming around too. It's called wariness. I'm wary about the fact that I would not be able to adapt to overseas life. I'm wary that I will not be able to click well with my peers. I'm wary that I will not be able to chill and hang out like now. I'm wary about everything.
Wariness aside, let's focus on the NOW.
Today is a god-sent holiday. Working life has definitely taken its toll on me. I am so sick of waking up at 6.45am everyday for the past 2 months. In a week's time? I will be FREE! WHooPee! Then, I will be able to truly enjoy my holidays. Be a couch potato! Read all the books I want! Sleep late!
Yesterday, I went to Reshmonu's free outdoor concert in Laundry. The artist himself was larger than life (or rather his hair was) but I must admit that I did enjoy his concert (though I missed a big part of the 1st set). C'mon. He sang two of my all-time favourites: Al Green 'Let's Stay Together' and Inner Circle 'A la la la la long'. How could I not like it? But seriously, he dedicated the latter song to his parents? Erm... have you heard the lyrics of the chorus?
"Girl, I wanna make you SWEAT
SWEAT till you can't SWEAT no more
And if you CRY out
I'm gonna PUSH it some more, more...."
Exactly! But it's a cool song. I like it!
Laundry's crowd is SOOO COOOL. Yuppies and celebs galore. An abundance of cute and hunky guys. Loud, popular tunes. My cute waiter-guy. It's definitely my favourite place to hang out, drink and chill with friends. Plus, their nachos is fantastic!
Here are some pics from yesterday:

If you look intently, you can see the word Laundry on the menu that Michelle is holding to cover her face.

The Curve decorations for CNY was so pretty. I could not resist taking a pic.
Another soon-to-be-favourite place of mine to chill on a lazy weekend would be Shook! in Star Hill Gallery. Last Saturday, after a round of shopping at KLCC and Sg. Wang while being a tour guide to 3 interns of different nationalities (Dutch, South Korean and New Zealander), we ended up at aforementioned place. Though the drinks are a bit pricey (I had sherry! Which turned out to be an old lady's drink. Damn), the ambience and music are what makes that place great. Plus, they play jazz classics that I enjoyed very much. And their bathroom was pretty much an attraction by itself.
This past week or so, I have been listening intently to my mp3s while working. Some of the lyrics that caught my ear ......
Laundry's crowd is SOOO COOOL. Yuppies and celebs galore. An abundance of cute and hunky guys. Loud, popular tunes. My cute waiter-guy. It's definitely my favourite place to hang out, drink and chill with friends. Plus, their nachos is fantastic!
Here are some pics from yesterday:
If you look intently, you can see the word Laundry on the menu that Michelle is holding to cover her face.
The Curve decorations for CNY was so pretty. I could not resist taking a pic.
Another soon-to-be-favourite place of mine to chill on a lazy weekend would be Shook! in Star Hill Gallery. Last Saturday, after a round of shopping at KLCC and Sg. Wang while being a tour guide to 3 interns of different nationalities (Dutch, South Korean and New Zealander), we ended up at aforementioned place. Though the drinks are a bit pricey (I had sherry! Which turned out to be an old lady's drink. Damn), the ambience and music are what makes that place great. Plus, they play jazz classics that I enjoyed very much. And their bathroom was pretty much an attraction by itself.
This past week or so, I have been listening intently to my mp3s while working. Some of the lyrics that caught my ear ......
"Everytime I think bout it, I pinch myself 'cause
I don't believe it's true that someone like you loves me too"
Babyface, Everytime I Close My Eyes
"Love and marriage go together like a horse and carriage"
Frank Sinatra, Love and Marriage
"Thought I was alone with no one to hold,
but you were always right beside me"
OST High School Musical, What I've Been Looking For
"Winter, spring, summer or fall,
all you gotta do is call"
James Taylor, You've Got A Friend
"For every piece of me that wants you,
another piece backs away"
James Morrison - You Give Me Something
"Was I invading in on your secrets, was I too close for comfort,
you're pushing me out when I wanted in"
McFly, Too Close For
"Don't you know you fool, you never can win,
Use your mentality, step up to reality"
Michael Buble, I've Got You Under My Skin
"If you like Pina Colada, getting caught in the rain,
if you're not into yoga, if you have half a brain"
Ruppert Holmes, Pina Colada
"Now is not the right time to get serious,
I don't wanna seem mysterious"
Fatima Rainey, Hey
"We're just ordinary people,
we don't know which way to go,
cause we're ordinary people,
maybe we should take it slow"
John Legend, Ordinary People
Damn. I love music.