Song of the day: The Eagles - Desperado
Yawn. Day 2 on my Intensive-Study-Week Operation. By my last count, I had fallen asleep involuntarily at least twice today. Afternoons are the worst. There's something in the air that induces you to close your eyes (if only for a short while), rest your head on the comfy pillow placed perfectly at the nook of your head and before you know it, you had fallen deep into slumber. These days, I had learned my lesson. Everytime I revert my studying stance to the oh-so-inviting bed of mine, I will switched on my phone alarm just in case. It's my fault, really. Why the hell do I study on the bed, knowing fully that I would fall asleep in the 1st place? Go figure.
Yeap. It's Day Two. Countdown remaining: 5 days. My resolve to study intensively was not aided by the mini-excursion I had with my friends yesterday. I was all ready, dressed for dinner (hoping that it would be a Chinese place this time around or maybe some Mamak besides Murni's) but in the end, where did they choose to eat? In boring Ol' MC. Yawn. Same ol' spaghetti, same ol' fried mihun, same ol' Wan Tan Mee. Seriously, one of this days, I could really puke with just the mention of MC food. Anyway, since the company was good, I had no qualms and I ate my dinner (without puking!). A friend of mine, whose exams are on Friday wanted to release stress by banging some pool balls. Normally, I would have declined to follow since I was way behind schedule on my revision and time is really running out. But on this occasion, I was all dressed and was hoping for a break of environment so desperately that I was roaring to go and de-stress with them.
The problem was, we were lacking company. It was just the 3 of us girls from the dinner table that was interested in playing pool. Somehow or rather, we devised an idea to "coerce" some guy friends of ours to come along with us. We called them, telling that we will come to their house to pick them up in just 5 minutes. We hung up on them before they had a chance to say No. The thing was, they were in the midst of exam period too and were probably intending to study intensively for the remainder of the night. We arrived at their house, kept blowing the horn but they still would not come out. They even had the nerve to shut the lights, pretending there was nobody at home. The funny thing was, they kept peeping through the window to see if we had given up and had driven away. Our resolve finally paid off when the both of them came out, albeit reluctantly.
The rest of the night was needless to say, fun. After we had picked them up, we went to Pandi's for a quick bite and surprisingly, some of our other friends were there too. Exam period? What exam period? Haha. After Pandi's, we went to play pool for about 2 hours and then, ate a late supper at Devi's Corner. By the time we reached back at our respective places, it was 2am. Poor fellas. They were like our prisoners, at the mercy of 3 half-crazy, giggling girls looking for a good night out. They probably wished that they never knew us in the 1st place. Hehe.
Guilty conscious as I was, I took the liberty to sort-of study till 3am. This morning, I can safely say that nothing substantial went into my over-frenzied brain.
It's Day Two. And yet, I'm blogging. After an impromptu night out yesterday. Sigh.
Adios, High Distinctions! Hola, Distinctions!