Saturday, February 23, 2008

Walking On The Sun

Song of the Day: Smashmouth - Walking On The Sun




Today is figuratively, a walk on the sun. It's bloody 38 degrees outside and I'm barely surviving with my stand fan (full blast and facing me) here in my really hot room. Phew. And ironically, there's an aircon in my room but I can't even use it. Oh, winter, where art thou?


Anyway, I'm back to my blogging mood since uni is just around the corner. On Mon, it's back to the lecture theatres and ogling cute college dudes for me. Not for the 1st time in this week, I'm wondering where the hell my summer has gone. Has it been 3 months since last sem ended already?


I'm kinda looking forward to uni. Sorta. I want to be back to my productive ways again. Plus, it's the last sem! This is it. The beginning of an end to my student life. I HAVE to make it GREAT. Anyhow, there's still the weekend to enjoy but with this kind of weather, it's kinda hard to do just that.


So, the new American Idol season is here. Whoo-hoo! I have been diligently following it ever since and I have to say, it doesn't get old for me. It is Season 7 after all but I still like it. I like the spar between Simon and Ryan, the rags-to-riches stories of the contestants, the group performances and of course, the chance to improve my musical education. And again, Idol never failed me. During the Top 12 Men night, I discovered an oldie but goldie sung by my favourite so far, Jason Castro.


-Check out Channel [Von] at the bottom of the page for his performance -


The song is "What A Day For A Daydream" by Loving Spoonful. Anyway, I liked him as he sang with sincerity and plus, he's really cute in a Bob Marley kind of way (not that I think Bob Marley is cute but his hair reminded me of the legend). Furthermore, he sang while strumming guitar and you know I have a real weakness for guitar-playing guys.





You might take a look at his pic and say "What? He's so not cute!!" but I assure you, if he crops his dreadlocks (not that I wish him to coz it suits him just fine) he can be a real looker. Anyway, I love, love him! Can't wait to see how he fares during Week 2.

In Bugs Bunny fashion, That's all folks.