Song of the Day: Take That - Patience
It's been a while. I admit it. I've neglected you lately. Been choosing assignments (wasn't much of a choice), Ipoh and Grey's Anatomy rather than you. And now, I feel obligated to post up something here. Not much of inspiration or news to write here (except maybe my mom's going to SPAIN! and ..... my brother's practically going to stay in Acheh and ..... yours truly has been up to her nose searching high and low for Brisbane accommodation and ..... you get it. Boring stuffs) so I think I will post some lyrics here that maybe (just maybe) would encapsulate just what I've been feeling lately.
So, here goes nothing:
Do I attract you?
Do I repulse you with my queasy smile? (Queasy smile? Me? Nah!)
Am I too dirty? (Erm... Me? Dirty?)
Am I too flirty? (Definitely not ME)
Do I like what you like?
I could be wholesome (Hmm... wholesome huh?)
I could be loathsome (Yikes... Hopefully not)
I guess I'm a little bit shy (Aha! Strike One!)
Why dont you like me?
Why dont you like me without making me try?
- "Grace Kelly" by Mika
Woke up cold one Tuesday (Well, my room does have air-con)
I'm looking tired and feeling quite sick (Tired definitely.... from too much sleep)
I felt like there was something missing in my day to day life (So, what else is new?)
So I quickly opened the wardrobe (I wouldn't call mine a wardrobe though)
Pulled out some jeans and a T-Shirt that seemed clean (Erm .... they do seemed CLEAN!)
Topped it off with a pair of old shoes (Old is right! I need some new pairs!)
That were ripped around the seams (Totally!)
And I thought these shoes just don't suit me
Hey, I put some new shoes on (Oh, that's right! I bought a new pair!)
And suddenly everything is right (I did have a spring in my step)
I said, hey
I put some new shoes on and everybody's smiling (If only....)
It's so inviting
Oh, short on money (Aha! Strike Two!)
But long on time
Slowly strolling in the sweet sunshine (Thunder and lightning, you mean)
And I'm running late (Sigh. The story of my life)
And I dont need an excuse (Not unless I'm skipping classes)
'Cause I'm wearing my brand new shoes (Yay! I've got new shoes!)
- "New Shoes" by Paolo Nutini
The wheels are turning. I've finally paid my deposit to the University of Queensland.
I'm seriously going to Brisbane!
I'm seriously going to Brisbane!
I'm seriously going to Brisbane!
Damn. It's not hitting me yet.
"My heart is numb. It has no feeling."
- Song of the Day -
I wish it was different. But you are what you are.
[shrug]
I'm seriously going to Brisbane!
I'm seriously going to Brisbane!
I'm seriously retarded.