Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Isn't She Lovely

Song of the Day: Stevie Wonder - Isn't She Lovely

I know it's been a while since I last blogged. I don't have any excuses since exams are over and I still haven't started working... I'm just really lazy, I guess. It's funny coz I only have the mood to blog when I'm swarmed with assignments and exams but when I'm totally free with so much time on my hands, I don't blog. Oh well.

Anyway, it's been about 1 week since finals were over. Results are coming out next week and then, it's SUMMER!! So what do people do when you're free from uni life? Go TRAVEL of course! But first of all, being in Oz you would absolutely have to see their native animals right? So, one fine day, we went to the Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary located about 30 minutes from the CBD. Apparently, it was the biggest koala sanctuary. Well, I don't know if that's true of they exaggerated it, but there was definitely a LOT of koalas: retirement koalas, bachelor koalas, lady koalas, you name it, they've got it! Besides koalas, there were a bunch of wild kangaroos hopping around too. Anyway, I'm too lazy to explain. I'll let the pictures do all the talking, eh?

One of the many kangaroos that we saw. You can actually get very close to it! In fact, I took a coupla shots to my heart's content and the roo just stood there, posing. It's like, "Yawn, another human taking a picture with me again..." But they're really nice creatures. Unfortunately, I did not see a joey.



If you see clearly, the koala at the back was actually scratching himself. Haha.

They do look like huggable soft toys, don't they? They're so CUTE and ADORABLE!! And, they sleep all the time. Either that, or they eat. What a lifestyle.


Somewhere in the middle of the city. I think it's in front of the courts.
Anyway, I just celebrated my 22nd. Another year older but wiser? Hmm.. it remains to be seen. I remembered my birthday wish this year was the same as the last. Haha. Guess it shows that birthday wishes rarely come true. Let's just hope I won't wish the same thing on my 23rd [crossing fingers]. Being away from family and close friends, I had to improvised for this year's birthday. So, I devised a 2-days plan to make it special. We rented a car, drove ourselves all over Brissy and even went to Australia's most easternly point in Byron Bay. And, what a trip it had been!


Byron Bay is SOOooooOOO BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!! Nothing can compare with it, not even the beaches at Langkawi. The water was soooo blue with a touch of green and the sand, so fine. Complete with the sprawling expanse of hills as the backdrop, it was truly a sight to behold!



More from Byron Bay.... Too bad I didn't catch any sight of dolphins or whales or turtles...


Clarkes Beach at Byron Bay. The only thing missing was surfer dudes. And also my swimsuit! Why didn't we bring our swimsuits?!?! The water was so inviting.... and cold... Brrr....

The famous Byron Bay Lighthouse...



This was taken from the top of Mt Cootha, the highest peak in Brissy.


Me with the snippy little car, Nissan Tiida. I rediscovered my love for driving! And I reaffirmed what I've always suspected ... I have great direction and map reading skills. Hehe.



At the Byron Bay Lighthouse.... What a sight! You just wish you could stay there forever and ever....
It had been another memorable burfday but I wish I could have my closest friends and family with me. Then, it would have been perfect. But, one can't have it all. Byron Bay was a great substitute though. But a word of advice for those thinking of making a trip there: 1 day is enough. In fact 6 hours should be adequate. Or else, you would probably die of boredom there. Hehe. Unless you're a surfer dude of course. Then, you would have felt you've come home.
Home... Sigh. Spending the whole summer here while everyone I know is going home. Never mind. I shall persevere! I shall make this the best SUMMER ever! Somehow, I know I will.
P.S: Thanks to everyone who made my birthday a memorable one. To my housemates who bought me a really delicious chocolate, caramel cheese cake (Yummy!), my family who called me, my friends who called+messaged+facebooked+MSN-ed me .... Thanks from the bottom of my heart [hugs and kisses]